Need baggage - mail car help!

Mon May 17 02:19:14 EDT 2010

I am doing some research on the N&W class BMg baggage - 15' mail apartment
cars and was wondering if anyone could help me with some information. The
original series appears to have started with the number 10 and it is known
to me that there was a number 11 as well. One car later on was converted to
class MS3 mail storage and numbered 1425. Can anyone tell me anything more
about the series, how many cars there actually was and what their numbers
were?

The reason I am asking is because of a baggage - 15' mail apartment car that
ended up on the Algoma Central roster as their 208. It appears that prior
to going to the AC the car was Rio Grande 632, ex-Denver & Salt Lake 560,
the only car of its kind. But in looking at a shot of N&W 11 and AC 208
(renumbered as AC 10059 in MofW service) the car is nearly identical, save
for some alterations for MofW service. Was there another car in this
series? I can help wondering if there was since the Rio Grande took over
the D&SL before the 1956 diagrams that I have. Here are the two shots I am
comparing... minor detail differences.

N&W 11
http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/full/ns2047.jpeg

AC 10059
http://algomacentral.railfan.net/images/AlgoCenRy/AC_10059_Steelton_5-30-1981.jpg
http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1957938

Thanks in advance!!!
--
jerry
<jmlaboda at gmail.com>

I hate getting old... Over the years I have learned a lot of things, but I
just can't remember much of it anymore.

Passenger Car Photo Index - UPDATED 2/22/10 WITH OVER 6880 NEW LINKS
ADDED!!!
<http://trainweb.org/passengercars/>

Appreciate Freedom??? Thank a Veteran!!!