N&W in 1910--Unconscious

Fri May 21 19:59:27 EDT 2010

Matt,

Some of the older engineers, even 20 years ago when I was just starting my journey on the
high iron, were silent old so and so's who said little but expected everything of their fireman!
Sometimes you had to judge whether you had done a chore in the cab correctly by the type
of silence!!!

I can well believe that a Fireman with an Engineer of this 'old school' type might be even
afraid to look at the fellow nevermind check if he was conscious.

Regards to you,

Cameron

Cameron Míċeál Tyre, MPWI

SD40-2 at illinois.usa.com