Virginian in 1910--Restaurant

Thu May 27 07:10:35 EDT 2010

I don't know if I'd want to eat at "Roach's Café" . . .

EdKing

Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 10:50 PM
To: 4VGN Ry Yahoo Group ; 3N&W Mailing List
Subject: Virginian in 1910--Restaurant

Bluefield Daily Telegraph
December 1, 1910

To Open Cafe at Princeton
------
T. E. Roach, formerly a "news butch" on trains Nos. 9 and 10, but recently of Pipestem, W. Va., was in the city last night. He reports that he has sold out his farm at Pipestem and moved his family to Princeton, where he will open up an all night cafe near the Virginian depot.
------
[Another former news butcher makes good, just like Thomas Edison. Trains 9 and 10 were Bluefield -- Welch locals in the January 1910 Official Guide.]

Gordon Hamilton