RE :RE: Norton photography incident

Sat May 29 01:13:40 EDT 2010

Ed,

I agree with you entirely. Over the years on the high iron I have witnessed several fans spoil the trust awarded to them by staff by photographing or filming things just like you say. This has led sometimes to a fan going from the position of being a friend to one of a foe in a split second.

Another growing problem is the website YouTube (and no doubt similar sites) whereby fans can post railroad action literally seconds after they have filmed it and all the world can see it. Recently one of our locomotive engineers was disciplined for leaving the cab to use the telephone affixed to the signal post as per the rules but he was not wearing his hi-visibility vest and this ended up on YouTube which is how management found out.

Kind regards to you all,

Cameron Tyre

SD40-2 at Illinois.USA.Com