Question about T-40 tender trucks

Tue Jun 1 16:49:10 EDT 2010

The short answer to your question is "yes," but the trucks on a 12,000 gallon tender are probably T-27's, which are visualy identical to the T-40. The T-40 could handle heavier weights and was a modification of the T-27 when they started using that dexsign for the 15 and 16,000 gallon tanks.
Jim Nichols

Sent: Tue, June 1, 2010 1:56:29 PM
Subject: Question about T-40 tender trucks

Gentlemen,
I am helping an importer with development of a Class M in O Scale. I have a question about the 6-wheel trucks under the 12,000 gal non-USRA tenders. Are the T-40 trucks the correct 6-wheel trucks for that tender? if not, what are the correct trucks?
Thanks
Joe Giannovario