Steam on NS

Fri Jul 9 08:04:11 EDT 2010

Jerome,

The missing parts are safely stored in a box car in Roanoke, VA.

Thanks,

Richard D. Shell

In a message dated 7/9/2010 7:01:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org writes:

Hasn't been mentioned so far, but I recall that a couple of main rods and
perhaps valve gear parts are missing from # 1218. Is that correct ? If
the parts are not on the loco, do they even exist anymore ? I feel fortunate
to have seen, filmed, and ridden behind 1218 in action from 1987 to 1994,
and don't think it will happen again.

Jerome Crosson (formerly NJ, now MO).