Link's Color photo--a witness account

Sun Sep 5 11:05:03 EDT 2010

Both Bill Tanner (Roanoke) and David Plowden are alive and kicking
Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2010 11:14 PM
Subject: Re: Link's Color photo--a witness account

Harry:

Appreciate your reply.

Do you (or does anyone) know whether there was in fact a shanty between Boaz and Bonsack in the '50s, and likely earlier? And hard by the EB mainline, as in the Link shot?

You speak of "Little K" Tanner. Long shot, but is this the Bill Tanner to which David Plowden refers in my 3 September post?

And Link's assistant, David Plowden--still around to your (or anyone's) knowledge?.

If one of these eyewitnesses to the Highball shot could be reached, he should be able to put to rest any questions.

Hope the hurricane gave the light touch to your NC area.

x x x x x x

Sorry to prolong this discussion. And thanks to every respondent.

As a retired preacher, my field is theology. But along the way I studied law, too, and learned the importance of sleuthing down the concrete story.

Frank Gibson