Bridge 90 Followup

Wed Sep 8 18:20:03 EDT 2010

Thanks to Jeff and Gordon for the coordinates - I was able to find it with no problem. However, I have noticed that Google Maps directs a search for "Bonsack, VA" to an area south of Salem on Rt. 460 and W. River Road - now Google Earth is doing that as well - sometimes - other times not. Good thing I KNOW where Bonsack is! So much for progress I guess.

Now, one final question and I will go back to lurking for a while: In "Downtown" Bonsack, where Rt. 636 crosses the tracks, there are the remains of what looks like a platform with steps. Was this a depot, or some sort of industrial building?

Thanks again, in advance, for your assistance.

John C. Abbott

Note:
No Trees were harmed in sending this message.
However, some electrons along the way were inconvenienced.