Ex N&W Caboose in Bluefield, WV ...

Fri Sep 10 11:23:59 EDT 2010

Jimmy Lisle is correct. I made the mistake of assuming that it had started as a
555 series C32P because it was now in the 555 series. (My face is red) but my
guess for the change in series was to get all cabs in the 555 series (after all,
there aren't many of them).   Jim Nichols

Sent: Wed, September 8, 2010 8:47:31 PM
Subject: Re: Ex N&W Caboose in Bluefield, WV ...

Just a guess, but I think it was originally 555084. The light color you see is
the primer.    Jim Nichols

Jim,
    Cupola window pattern means this was a originally a C31 or 518 cab. The C31P
cabs were the Cadillacs of all cabs!
    I would be interested to know why the numbering system was changed.
Jimmy Lisle