Heartland Corridor

Sun Sep 12 21:13:37 EDT 2010

It made the Roanoke Times, and WDBJ7 up here.

Dick Dunford
Blacksburg
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2010 7:36 PM

I believe the Norfolk Southern building of the Heartland Corridor will prove to be a beginning of change in the American way of transportation that maybe will open the eyes of our leaders to see that railroads are our future for moving freight. The inaugural run that took place on September 9 should have been a well publicized event for all to see. I personally did not see any mention of the event on, or in any of the Hampton Roads news media. Hampton Roads to be the one area that should benefit most from this historic event. This area is also in a battle for light rail and high speed rail to D.C. Why should there be a battle??? Build the roads, make available the trains and the people will come.
Gene A.
Gloucester, Va.