"Bottling the Air"

Mon Oct 25 23:02:52 EDT 2010

Jimmy & Bruce,

To clarify just a bit for Bruce, the way to check the pressure on the rear of the train (as Jimmy has indicated must be done), there was an air gage on the cabs (in the good ole days), and today conductors have a hand held air gage which is coupled to the rear car for a pressure reading. Of course, if the train has an EOTD, it has a gage to read the pressure, and some can send the pressure reading to the engineer via radio signal.

Jeff Sanders