Which Norfolk bridge is this?

Sat Jan 15 22:16:11 EST 2011

I would say that is Bridge 5 judging by the 5 milepost in the right of the photo.

As for the date, I don't think that was taken in the 1950's.  Also note in the semaphore in the distance to the left of the mainline.

Jeff Hawkins

Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2011 5:42:19 PM
Subject: Which Norfolk bridge is this?

I was looking thru the images at VT and saw this one:  http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/F1/NS3717.JPG . Can somebody tell me where this bridge is in Norfolk? Secondly, notice the five-masted ship on the right of the photo. That seems a little strange for the 1950's, unless this photo is much older than that. Thoughts anybody?

Mike Weeks
Brody School of Medicine
Greenville, NC