MOW Car at Bramwell, WV

Sat Jan 29 22:55:08 EST 2011

>Does anyone know the history of the MOW car that is on static display in

Bramwell, West Virginia? The car number is NW 521407.

http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=795889

This is only an educated guess but I believe that it was rebuilt from a
Pullman Plan 3958A 14 Section sleeper. The N&W did not have any of these
cars but NKP and Wabash acquired two cars each at the time of Pullman's
divestiture. The NKP acquire "Park Summit" (ex-"Henry W. Grady") and "Park
Terrace" (ex-"John W. Morehead"), both being Plan 3958A while Wabash
acquired "New Columbia" and "New Prospect", these two being Plan 3958.

If anyone has any further info on this car I am interested as well.
--
*jerry
<jmlaboda at gmail.com>

**I hate getting old... Over the years I have learned a lot of things, but I
just can't remember much of it anymore.*

*Passenger Car Photo Index - New Home**! New Look! Same Great Resource!*
*UPDATED 11/13/10 WITH OVER 4357 NEW LINKS ADDED**!!!*
<http://passcarphotos.info>

*Southern Railway Historical & Modeling Resources - UPDATED 13 JANUARY 2011
!!!*
<http://southernmodeler.info/>

*Appreciate Freedom??? Thank a Veteran!!!*