Train Bell 872 and William E. Warden

Sat Feb 19 06:17:40 EST 2011

I have recently found some items that I would like to obtain some additional
information and/or advice as to where I might seek more information. First
I have located a bell from an unknown locomotive. I have attached three
photographs of the bell, number 872 on outside top. As I live near
Charlottesville and know that the original owner probably obtained the bell
here, could I assume that this is from either a Southern or C & O
locomotive?

The other find are several original photographs of steam locomotives and
trains signed by William E. Warden. The photos that I have are Southern and
C & O. I have been able to do some research online and have found some
information about him, but I wonder if there is anyone on the list who knew
him and is familiar with his books and photos?

I would greatly appreciate any help or comments from the list.

H. Daniel Winter III

435 Willwood Drive

Earlysville, VA 22936

434-989-9313