Spike "Coal"

Wed Mar 23 11:21:08 EDT 2011

Interesting title since the episodes were filmed in McDowell County, WV according to sidebar stories.

Alex Schust
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:14 AM
Subject: Spike "Coal"

"Spike mines ‘Kentucky’s Mountain Treasure’ in ‘Coal’" article in today's Bluefield Telegraph:

http://bdtonline.com/local/x449500676/Spike-mines-Kentucky-s-Mountain-Treasure-in-Coal

- Roger Link

There also seems to be an upcoming TV show on "Coal" by the guys that did Ice Road Truckers and Axmen. My guess is that there won't be much on the interface with RR and the show will focus on the dangers of working coal seams, but might be worth a look. Discovery, I think.

Ed Svitil
Norfolk & Western Railway