NW 1776 questions:

Fri May 6 09:35:22 EDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thu, May 5, 2011 9:33 pm
Subject: Re: NW 1776 questions:

Harry,

I believe you are right that the GE 8076 was red (Tuscan, that is - let's not start on what color "Tuscan Red" is. It depends on what the meaning of "is" is).

But I know from personal sitings that Mr. Claytor was assigned the 6175, EMD, SD40-2, which was also painted red..

I photographed him at Blue Ridge one day, with a younger Claytor firing for him.

Jeff Sanders

Jeff:
You are indeed correct. It wasn't until I got home (from the library) and checked the Bowers'
book on 2nd generation diesel power that I found eng. 8076 wasn't built until 1979. Besides,
I suspect the simplicity of an EMD (compared with a GE) and the color and Mr. Claytor's
uh, seniority, were valid reasons for the selection. Harry Bundy

-list/

-list/

o change your subscription go to
ttp://list.nwhs.org/mailman/options/nw-mailing-list
rowse the NW-Mailing-List archives at
ttp://list.nwhs.org/pipermail/nw-mailing-list/