Express Boxcar ?

Sun May 22 08:44:32 EDT 2011

Gordon:

I'm in 100% agreement with all your findings and conclusions. However, on
the NWHS web site in the archives area, there is the following:

1 document found for N&W Rwy Passenger Mail Storage Class B8
_Ordering info_ (http://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/prices.shtml)
- records with thumbnails

Doc Type Locator Description Date Revision Date Drawing NW Mech Dwg
NW-D45856 Steel Details for Box Car Class B8 for Temporary Mail Storage Car

Unfortunately, in a half hour of searching, that is literally the only
reference I could find. The picture implies that at least two B-8's were so
converted. I can't add anything else.

Dave

In a message dated 5/22/2011 8:33:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,