N&W Obervations 581 and 582 in Saudi Arabia.

Mon May 30 06:13:55 EDT 2011

I looked back at the correspondence about the obervation cars, and did not see the mention of a some what decent picture on Pg 56 of Classic Trains Summer 2011. Taken 21 May, 1972, PRR coach yards, Chicago.
Gene A.
Gloucester, Va.
Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2011 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: N&W Obervations 581 and 582 in Saudi Arabia.

Does anybody know the history of the sale transaction of those two observation cars to Saudia Arabia? For example, who wanted them, how they were shipped there, etc. Thanks

Mike Weeks
Greenville NC

From zooming out from the spot shown by the link in the earlier string, it appears that it’s near the coast in Ad Damman, off of “Port Street” west of “Dhatran Al Riyadh Road.“ It looks like the tracks dead end up against Port Street. Here's the link; http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=26.4 ... 6&t=h&z=18

Phil Miller