Train at Towers shopping center

Sat Aug 6 09:59:37 EDT 2011

Hi Skip,

Thanks for the tip about "old Roanoke". I was not aware of the site and am
enjoying it on this rainy Saturday morning here in Raleigh. I grew up in
Raleigh, but often traveled to Blacksburg to visit my grandmother. Roanoke
was a way-stop to Blacksburg and shopping experience in the 1950's and '60's
Both of my parents attended VPI and I developed a love for Roanoke and the
N&W. I just re-joined the Society after a few year absence last month and
will be interested in keeping up with Society news.

All the best,
Edward Breeden

In a message dated 8/6/2011 7:05:26 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,