Luray depot umbrella shed

Thu Sep 15 03:13:16 EDT 2011

Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:07:32 -0400
Subject: Luray depot umbrella shed

Can anyone date the removal of the platform sheds at Luray depot?

Thanks,

Gary Rolih

September 15, 2011

Good morning, Gary:

I don't know a date but suspect all of the Shenandoah Division platform sheds were dismantled at the same time after passenger service was discontinued. I imagine one wrecking crew worked its way along the valley taking them all down one after another. The information may be in a general order or authority-for-expenditure file at the Archives, if the documentation survived. Of course, if you locate information that's relevant to Boyce, I'd like to see it.

Best wishes,

Frank Scheer
f_scheer at yahoo.com