Help unravel mystery on river bottom

Mon Oct 17 15:08:54 EDT 2011

_Train mystery at bottom of New River goes back years_

From Roanoke Times:
Pull up a chair for the story of the old boxcar sitting on the bottom of
the New River.

In short, water claimed that railcar and water is what's eating it.

The story begins more than 70 years ago.

In 1937, crews began construction of a hydroelectric generating station
for Appalachian Power Co. that came to be known as Claytor Lake Dam.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/299427

- Roger Link