early N&W operation in Washington, DC ??

Tue Nov 8 21:47:59 EST 2011

Bob:
Being a Lynchburg resident, I've an inclination to say it was through here. Ease of train transfer from RR line to RR line sort of persuades me toward this thinking. Perhaps this was the beginning of the Tennessean, Birmingham Special, etc. and was eventually trimmed to Monroe for feasibility.
My two cents.
Charlie Long