Railroad time

Sun Nov 27 10:41:53 EST 2011

A good explanation of Western Union synchronized clocks can be found at:

http://www.telegraph-office.com/pages/time.html

In the Norfolk & Western Historical Society Archives in Roanoke there is a
large wall clock that once hung in the Virginian Railway yard office in
Roanoke and was synchronized by a Western Union time signal. I remember a
similar clock on the wall of the Norfolk & Western Railway's Shafers
Crossing roundhouse office in Roanoke.

Gordon Hamilton

Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2011 10:29 PM
Subject: Railroad time