Early top mount double check valve

Sun Jan 1 15:39:43 EST 2012

A check of drawings in the NWHS Archives revealed the following Location
Numbers for drawings of double boiler delivery check valves with rear pipe
connections:
NW-C25014
NW-D17778 (Note on drawing, "Replacing a Phillips.")
NW-D46716
NW-E17971
Details can be viewed by going to the following and entering the Locator
Number in the field with that designation, and search:
http://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/filterdocs.php?index=search
Clicking on the record that comes up gives the price of the drawing and a
link to Ordering Information.

These drawings are detailed enough that the N&W may have used them to
manufacture boiler delivery check valves for locomotives constructed in
Roanoke Shops and for replacement of OEM valves.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Gordon Hamilton
Member, NWHS Archives Committee

Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 12:18 PM