Valuation Maps

Sun Jan 29 16:43:48 EST 2012

On 1/29/2012 9:56 AM, NW Mailing List wrote:

> [Valuation maprs] are expensive. Each map typically covers a few miles of track and the last

> time I went and got any maps, they were $17.50 each and it took

> literally a day or the better part of one to get them.

Bob,

That does not agree with my experience. When I was there last year, the
maps were free to view and photograph. Scans were availble for $3.50
each, if I remember correctly. The only catch is that you have to
actually go and request the maps for the archivist to scan them. Having
a third part scan them could indeed get rather expensive.

--
Kenneth Rickman
Salisbury, NC