Double headed J's

Tue Feb 7 19:17:39 EST 2012

Not J's but there is a film sequence in our video "Pocahontas Glory
Vol 7" of a pair of K2's departing Portsmouth for Cincinnati on a
Sunday in 1957 with a single coach version of the Cavalier. I've
wondered about this scene since there are no head end cars but Don
Krofta, who shot the scene, told me that it was the Cavalier. They
must have been re-locating one of the locos.

And in "Pocahontas Glory Vol. 5 (or is it Vol. 6?)" there is a scene
of a hopper train at Blue Ridge with an A and a J pulling and a Y6
pushing. I believe it was shot in 1958.

-Jim Herron