Bristol,VA/TN Steam era service area?

Fri Feb 24 08:01:36 EST 2012

In a message dated 2/24/2012 6:59:49 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org writes:

Hello, I'm fairly familiar with the passenger station area and Bristol its
self, but where was the roundhouse and service facilities for N&W steam
locomotives at in Bristol. I know the Southern serviced there also. Thanks in
advance.

It was in the neighborhood of Mile Post N-407, or about 1.5 miles east of
State Street. Here's a
thought -- westbound passenger power after uncoupling, crossed State
Street and used Tennessee
for tail room before reversing to get to the engine terminal.
Harry Bundy