Morse Day at Boyce - April 28, 2012

Sat Apr 21 12:27:42 EDT 2012

Greetings -

On behalf of the Railway Mail Service Library, and the Morse Telegraph Club, you are cordially invited to join Morse Day festivities at the old Norfolk & Western depot in Boyce VA on Saturday 28 April from 11:00 AM until 4:00 PM.

Food and drink will be available from noon until 1:00 PM, or whenever we run out. Frank Scheer is providing burgers, hot dogs, all the trimmings, and cold sodas. Bob Cohen is the Grill Chief. Feel free to bring snacks, side dishes or additional main course items. Please let Frank know if you are coming so he has an idea of how much food to get. Donations gladly accepted. f_scheer at yahoo.com

Wire Chief will be Chris Hausler, coming all the way down from Rochester NY (via rail, of course!). We will be on wire 11 all day, and on one or two other wires during the day as well. Office call is DK.

To find the depot, put Howards Ln Boyce VA 22620 into your favorite mapping program. Google maps puts the marker right next to the station.

The Boyce depot is a popular railfan site. The NS line is quite active, and we plan to be on ATCS Monitor to keep track of the trains. "OS" reports will be sent out on the wire.

Please try to join us, either in person or on the wire during the day.

73,

Mike Cizek SV
mikew3mc at gmail dot com