Heritage Unit Photos

Tue Apr 24 09:28:23 EDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 7:08 AM, Todd wrote:

> Let's keep in mind that the railroad exists to make money, not to satisfy

> hobbyists in any way, shape or form. Be thankful that Mr. Moorman put this

> program into play.

Norfolk Southern has set the bar quite high with this program; it will be
hard for anyone else to match it let alone exceed it. There has been
whining on other lists about the "proper" blue, but those with the right
perspective have pointed out that paints have changed since the original
units were painted and these Heritage units are being clear-coated, which
also makes a difference.

The only comment I have (not a complaint!) so far is about the Pennsy unit.
It looks great, but it was a little disconcerting to see those stripes on
that large, square, boxy, angular unit after growing up seeing them in
pictures of "round" engines like Es, Fs, Centipedes, and GG1s. I'm just
glad to be living on the Radford Division where there seems to be a good
chance to see most/all of them pass through at some time or another.

Bruce in Blacksburg