BPg Combine

Tue Apr 24 11:44:17 EDT 2012

Michael: PRR appears to have made several variations of this truck. The T58
designation I gave you is from my father's notes. Unfortunately, he had no note
on the 356. It is just possible that other BPg's had T58 trucks, and that 356
had a variation, in which case I have no way of telling you the class on the 356
trucks. Maybe the PRR society can help. It is also possible that N&W classified
all the PRR trucks as T58, regardless of individual variations, and that the
prints in the archives represent one variation (not necessarily the one on a
particular car. Good luck.

Jim Nichols

________________________________
Sent: Tue, April 24, 2012 7:14:30 AM
Subject: BPg Combine

Hello everyone!

The BPg combine had very unusual trucks.  I recently asked for help identifying
the N&W car and truck class for these cars.  Mr. Jim Nichols was kind enough to
reply.  After obtaining prints for T58 trucks, it is now clear that the trucks
underneath BPg combine 356 (the one I inquired about) are not T58 class trucks,
although there are similarities.  There even appears to be some parts that are
shared.  I am wondering if they are perhaps T57's, based on the drawing
descriptions listed in the archives?  As I do not have access to a photo or
drawing of this truck class, I am wondering if anyone else might be able to
help.  I have attached a detailed photo of the truck.

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone may be able to provide.

Best,
Michael Brown

Note to moderator:  I can also insert the photo directly into the email if that
helps.

Michael Brownnewriver400 at cs.com - email
404-433-1401 – cell