James Walter Woolwine Engineer on N&W Radford division

Tue Apr 24 16:24:11 EDT 2012

Thanks Jeff.My Daddy loved his work on the N&W.I was born and raised in Abingdon,Va.and The Bristol Herald Courier had his picture on the front page when he made that run.He retired Nov.31,1958 at age 70.I was fortunate enough to ride with him when he made his last run on "The Virginia Creeper" from Abingdon to West Jefferson N.C. and back to Abingdon.As stated, we are preparing a display in the N&W museum of his 55 year career.