Heritage Unit Photos

Wed Apr 25 00:21:34 EDT 2012

I agree that the program is wonderful. For whatever reasons (paint formulas changing due to EPA regs, etc and regardless of the paint codes), the blue does not look like the blue from my memories, nor does it match the abundant photographic record.

I think N&W red might have been much nicer, given that it was used by N&W beginning in the late 19th century up through the C30-7s and SD40-2 in the late 1970s (as compared to the brief 1966-1970 fling with blue).

Now hopefully y'all aint reading too much into my complainin', as I am still smiling about the program. :)

Mark

================================
N&W in N scale

________________________________
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:08 AM
Subject: Re: Heritage Unit Photos

The paint code(s) for the N&W blue was provided (to Juniata) by the EMD archives.  The assistant general super at JLS is a native of Portsmouth, OH  and a good friend. He took this particular unit to heart and he and his forces have put a lot of effort into all of the heritage units. I visited him this past weekend in Altoona and a comment was made about the complaining. I merely re-assured him that not everyone in this hobby is always grateful or satisfied.

Let's keep in mind that the railroad exists to make money, not to satisfy hobbyists in any way, shape or form. Be thankful that Mr. Moorman put this program into play.

Regards,

Todd Arnett

________________________________
Sent: Tue, April 24, 2012 6:50:27 AM

Thanks for sharing. I am so disappointed that NS chose the blue scheme over a black or N&W red scheme. To add insult to injury, that blue is not dark enough.

I really like some of the other schemes though - especially the NKP unit!

================================
N&W in N scale

________________________________
Sent: Monday, April 9, 2012 11:05 PM
Subject: Heritage Unit Photos

I hadn't seen either of these posted to the list, so for those who haven't yet seen them, I've linked the two most recent photos (that I've seen, anyway).

#8101 - Central of Georgia
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=394237

#8103 - N&W Blue:
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=394626