Anniversary Recognition

Fri May 18 10:45:59 EDT 2012

Att:Mike Perry,Jr.I am Sam E.Woolwine from Richmond,Va.I was born and raised in Abingdon and my daddy was James W.Woolwine who worked for the N&W fo 55 years retiring in 1958.Thought it might be of interest to you that he drove the last steam engine from Roanoke to Bristol.Front page of The Bristol Herald Courier had his picture and a nice article.I wish I could give you the exact date but I have turned this and other memorabilia of his railroad career over to The Transportation Museum in Roanoke.Great picture.Brought back memories of the Railroad Station,Thanks.Sam.(1953 I think.)