VGN Passing track west of Merrimac

Sun May 20 09:32:19 EDT 2012

Jeff,

Thanks very much. I thought I had seen double track in this area from an airplane as recent as fifteen or so years ago but did not see it when flying over recently. I suspect the railroad wished to have it back when the Crescent Corridor work created heavy traffic both ways on the former VGN. There were repeated waits by westbounds on the double track at Fagg for eastbounds to get over the mountain.

Ray