Lee Alley's Ghost Train.

Mon Jun 18 14:13:38 EDT 2012

I only heard one story about his whistles that I can remember.
He told me that there was a huge steam shovel digging a lake in Ohio many
years ago and when the shovel was scrapped and put on the auction block, he
went up there to bid on the whistle He said because the lake had become a
scenic attraction in Ohio the state wanted the whistle, but had restricted
the bidder to how much they could pay. He said when that amount was reached
he was the only bidder left, so he got the whistle. So some of the whistles
did not come from trains, he just liked the sounds the whistles made..
He did say one time that one of the whistles was found along the tracks
where it had fallen off an engine,someone knew he like whistles and gave it to
him.
Not much to go on!

David Hall

In a message dated 6/17/2012 6:53:50 P.M. Central Daylight Time,