Military Railway Service (MRS)

Fri Dec 21 16:26:25 EST 2012

Dear Col West Thanks very much for this. Before being branch transferred back to a CE officer, I served as a TC 2LT and 1LT. After OCS at Ft. Belvoir I was detailed to the 714th TBROS&DE in Ft. Eustis and then to the 264th Trans in RVN. Some of my reserve time was with the 717th Trans Bn in A Company at Ft. Dix and then as HHC CO in Philadelphia. Still have a lot of memorabilia including the number plates from one diesel and a locomotive stack. Sure wish I had the headlamp when the unit was disbanded in the 80's (I think). Best wishes for the holiday season Ed SvitilLTC CE AUS (Ret)

Norfolk & Western Railway