Mystery Picture

Fri Dec 28 09:06:05 EST 2012

On 12/28/2012 1:14 AM, NW Mailing List wrote:

> so theres something about having the tank car train. Its possible the

> train was staged, possibly a real delivery but set by the photo crew

> and the railroad for a photo op.

Lynn,
To the best of my memory, the caption on the back of the Vanishing
Vista card mentioned that their picture of the tank car train was taken
during WWII when, as a safety measure, oil was routed up the Shenandoah
Valley in order to keep it away from the possibility of a German attack
if it went closer up the coastline.

Jimmy Lisle