Operations along the Valley Line between Stuarts Draft and Hagerstown from 1979 and 1981

Wed Mar 27 07:29:42 EDT 2013

Brandon,
Your "?" should be #51. There was also #17 & #18 that used Reading
cabs. 17,18 & 51 were run through trains. 88, 52 & 95 would set off &
pick up at Waynesboro. The Waynesboro shifter worked Waynesboro and
there was a southbound local, operated by pool crews, out of Shenandoah
most everyday.
There were single and double coal trains running north with mtys
back south. The C&O transferred coal to us at Waynesboro. Single coal
coal trains would sometimes pick this up if there was a lot. Other times
the freights would pick it up.
Weekends could be a good time to see southbound trains with
High/Wide loads as other roads waited till the end of the week to move
these cars off their own road.

Jimmy Lisle