2013 NWHS Convention Update

Tue May 7 19:46:42 EDT 2013

The good news is that convention registrations are running ahead of our
expectations. We still want to encourage you to get your registration in
soon; it helps our planning, including our tour planning, and our
bookkeeping. And please don’t forget the Saturday evening dinner at the
Mullens Opportunity Center. For additional information, a downloadable
registration form, and online registration, please go to our website:
http://www.nwhs.org/

If you want to stay at the lodge, we suggest that you contact the lodge
soon and get your room. We have virtually the whole lodge reserved for
"us", but only for a few more days. From some of the members I’ve talked
to, there has been some miscommunication with the lodge personnel; if you're
told the lodge is "sold out", ask to speak to a manager, and explain that
you're registering for the Norfolk and Western Historical Society
Convention. We strongly suggest staying at the lodge, because if you can’t
get a room there, the nearest practical hotel space is at Beckley,
approximately 45 minutes away.

Frank Bongiovanni