VGN milepost 309

Thu Jun 6 15:44:46 EDT 2013

Roger:

I'm not sure how sections were divided up, but I suspect they was probably 10-20 miles per section.

There is also a milepost (or was) just east of the diamond at JK tower in Roanoke, on the north side of the track with the section number.

The N&W used a cast iron sign on a wooden post, as I suspect sections were lengthened over the years as more mechanization came into use.

Ken Miller