Convention 2015

Tue Jun 25 15:52:11 EDT 2013

Ron-

I would like to suggest that the Society hold its 2015 Convention in southwest Virginia, and Abingdon or Norton come to mind. I'm not sure what the Convention requirements are with regard to the number of hotel rooms/meeting room capacity, etc. , but I know there is a nice Holiday Inn in Norton and a Holiday Inn Express in Abingdon. I assume that a bus tour of important points along the former Clinch Valley Line and also a tour of the Abingdon Branch could be included in the Convention. There is a power plant and small yard at Carbo and some operating coal loading facilities along the CV that perhaps could be arranged to tour.

Paul Mandelkern
Winter Park, Florida