Citadel, SC to VMI/Lexington, Va. Special Movement

Fri Jul 12 21:01:25 EDT 2013

My uncle was VMI Class of '68, and he told me that there used to be an industious few cadets who would grease the rails in a couple of spots as the tracks climbed the grade into Lexington, as the station from what I understand used to be where Washington & Lee's new parking deck now stands. The grade was stiff enough that when properly greased, those riding the train into town would have to walk an extra half mile or so to the station. It was common for cadets to perform this task when class returned for W&L students and for football games against VPI and the Citadel.

Regards
Russ Goodwin
Buford , Ga

Sent from my Galaxy S®III