Photo of transfer caboose No. 6

Tue Jul 23 13:00:06 EDT 2013

Thanks Richard. I don't think I ever got a good photo of the pole car, even though I worked on it many times (some with Buddy St. John).

Richard, did you get a photo of the car after they replaced the FM hood with a "customized" cab complete with coach windows? They pained it with NS on the sides, but after a short time someone in the shops painted over the lettering and the horse (the NS Horse, not the rocking horse, which was not replaced - the omen!). I have forgotten the reason.

Jeff Sanders

________________________________
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:55 AM
Subject: Photo of transfer caboose No. 6

Thought I would share this since this transfer cab came up. December,
1976.

Thanks,

Richard D. Shell
Troutville, VA

Moderator:
http://nwhs.org/wiki/tiki-browse_image.php?imageId=342

Jeff,

>     What crew was it that Buddy St.John

worked and had the little

>transfer cab with the horse on top? I think they

switched the north side

>of east End Shops a lot.

>Jimmy

Lisle