Fw: Moving Chevy Vega's in the 70"s

Sun Jul 28 18:19:12 EDT 2013

The Vega was America's Yugo. I used to car-pool with a guy who traded his
perfectly good Chevy pickup in on a Vega. It oozed cheap when you got in
it; cardboard headliner, cheap cheesy carpet and upholstery, etc. He wound up
hating it, only kept it 6 or 7 months, and bought another Chevy truck.

Greg Harrod

Wasn't the Vega the car that almost destroyed Chevy as a company? Great
article, by the way. I've never seen vehicles transported like that;
interesting that it was fully enclosed, which was something I don't think I saw on
the railroad auto transporters until the 80's or so.

Mike Weeks
now in Seattle, WA

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 6:07 AM, NW Mailing List