Roanoke Junction

Tue Jul 30 20:22:51 EDT 2013

If anyone has photos of the demolition, we'd love to see them. Thanks in
advance.

Phil Miller

Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:36 PM
To: NW Mailing List
Subject: RE: Roanoke Junction

> Actual work being done near First St. Cannot determine what it is.

They quickly removed half of one crossover and replaced it with a section of
straight track. It appears the actual track work has begun, and that it
will proceed in spurts as the line remains operational.

Looking the other direction - behind the railcam - as I type this they are
starting to cut one of the old powerhouse stacks into sections about 30 ft
long. The stack is rigged to one crane which is holding its weight while a
second crane holds a cage with two workers high above the shops. They are
using a cutting torch and slowly going around the circumference of the
stack. Very much like a tree service felling a tree in a crowded
neighborhood.

Eric Shelton

Roanoke