Signal safari

Fri Aug 2 11:13:14 EDT 2013

Jim

Since it’s not a controlled signal, my guess is that it always displays “restricting”. Where is it located, exactly?

EdK

Sent: Friday, August 02, 2013 7:07 AM
To: NW Mailing List
Subject: Re: Signal safari

Ed,
These two pix should clear things up a bit. You're right, since it has a number plate, if the lower arm were dark, it could show "stop and proceed restricting". In the few times I've observed it, I have always seen it the way it appears in these pictures, showing "restricting". Thanks for the additional info.
Jim Cochran

Moderator:
http://nwhs.org/wiki/tiki-browse_image.php?imageId=389
http://nwhs.org/wiki/tiki-browse_image.php?imageId=390

I can’t tell from the photo if there is a red light in the middle of that bottom arm, but if there isn’t, the top arm could still display “stop” so you could still have “stop” and “restricting”. The red marker light at the bottom makes it a “Stop and Stay”. Was there a number on the signal, and did it have an “R” or “L” at the end of it? If so it was a controlled signal, and if it was a “stop and stay” there would have been a plate under the signal number with the letter “S” on it.

EdK