Northfork Branch signals

Tue Aug 27 07:56:49 EDT 2013

Grant,
Thanks very much for the great information about Northfork junction. Was
that signal with two reds and a lunar just a short mast with three marker
type lights in a stack, or some other arrangement? You seem to have some
quite intimate knowledge of the operations in this area, could I impose
upon you to share some more with me/us? My grandfather worked at Crumpler
and I plan to model this area, so I am keenly interested in operations at
Byrd yard and Eckmann as well as the mine runs to all the tipples.
Thanks again,
Jim Cochran