Large model Class J for sale

Thu Aug 29 21:31:57 EDT 2013

Thanks, JL – I have a shot of the same float somewhere in my archives.

EdKing

Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 11:33 AM
To: NW Mailing List
Subject: Re: Large model Class J for sale

N&W photo: Bristol Centennial parade with N&W Class J float. Have no idea if it still exists.

JL Sanders

Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 11:28 PM

BTW – Back in the 1950s a shop man in Bluefield (Dowling? Cowling?) built a large scale J – at least 1.5 to the foot. I saw it carried on the back of a truck at Bristol’s Centennial Parade in 1956. I can’t recall seeing it since. Does anyone know where it is?

EdK