Y6b builder's plates

Sat Sep 7 18:12:22 EDT 2013

I happened to notice while examining some photos of Y6b 2194 that the builder's plates appeared to be missing. Since this locomotive has a sheathed smokebox, and I suppose the locomotive was not built like this. The builder's plates appear to have been removed when the smokebox was modified, and since 2194's builder's plates have not (to my knowledge) surfaced, I can only be curious what happened to them. It is possible other locomotives received the same modifications when they received the sheathed smokebox.
Lois J. Ponton
N&W steam historian

Sent from my Galaxy S®III