Weir Dam & Pond

Sun Sep 15 17:34:32 EDT 2013

This was the water supply for the railroad. We knew it as first dam when I was a kid growing up in the area and trying to sneak in to fish in it. Must have been a thousand railroad police in Bristol then as every time we turned around there stood one. The pump house in the photo was later used by a ready mix concrete business which occupies to this day the area where the sanding facilities were located. It is my understanding that it was called first dam because there was another dam further up stream from Bristol that served a grist mill that was known locally as second dam. The creek is named Beaver Creek.

Bob McCracken

Sent from my iPad